IFA Shield: Kolkata could lose out on hosting key tournaments
Kolkata: East Bengal general secretary Kalyan Majumdar has condemned the hooligan behaviour of Kolkata fans after yet another disgraceful behaviour from Mahindra United’s Subashish Chowdhary.
A Green and Maroon attacked Subashish by hurling a stone which struck his head and thereby the play had to be stopped to get things under control. Such incidences aren’t new in the sphere of Kolkata football lovers as they often indulge in such acts.
Speaking to Goal.com, Kalyan Majumdar said, “I have been personally protesting against such behaviour by the crowd for a long time. The fans must behave and such rowdy acts wouldn’t help anyone’s cause.
“I deplore and I’m ashamed of these incidents.”
He added that such acts shall have grave effects on football in Kolkata as they could never get to host an international game ever.
“Players from other states wouldn’t want to play here f this continues. The All India Football Federation (AIFF) wouldn’t ever award a national tournament of repute or an international game ever to Kolkata,” Majumdar told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi