IGNOU to train power sector employees
New Delhi: Aiming to enhance the quality and productivity of power sector workforce in the country, the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Sunday signed an agreement with the power ministry for training its employees.
The university along with the power ministry has developed a programme - Certificate of Competence in Power Distribution (CCPD) - for this. It will train employees in three main areas of power sector functioning - power generation, power transmission and power distribution.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between university Vice-Chancellor V.N. Rajasekharan Pillai and National Power Training Institute (NPTI) Director General N.A. Saxena.
"The MoU envisages a need-based tailor-made academic programme for producing expert technicians and equivalent level manpower engaged in power sector," said Subhashis Maji, the programme coordinator.
Maji said the main objectives of the programme are to train, assess and certify the skills and competencies of electrical technicians, enhance their quality and productivity through competency-based training and provide better industrial education linkage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA