IHF seeks changes to proposal on unification
New Delhi: The Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) Tuesday submitted its response to the sports ministry`s proposal on unification with Hockey India (HI) and sought some changes in it.
IHF president R.K. Shetty said he is confident that the three parties can sit together and sort out the issues.
"We have given our opinion to the proposal of co-option based on the discussions we had in our executive council meeting," said Shetty.
The ministry held a meeting June 11 with both parties, who were asked to respond by June 14. The IHF sought seven days more to give its response. HI, in its response, accepted the proposal.
When queried about the IHF stand, Shetty said: "We have appreciated the move taken by the sports ministry. We have asked for some changes in the proposal.
"We have taken a positive approach. I am confident that something positive will come out of it."
Asked specifically about the changes IHF had sought, Shetty said: "All I can say is that there should be give and take. They (HI) should also be flexible to some extent."
Shetty was also scheduled to meet HI secretary general Narinder Batra Tuesday, but this had to be cancelled. "We could not find time today but we have been in talks and we will continue to discuss the matter."
Asked whether IHF had agreed to the proposal before the sports ministry discussed it with both parties, Shetty said: "We did discuss the proposal but that does not mean that we had accepted it. In fact, I gave a counter proposal."
According to the sports ministry`s proposal, the strength of the HI executive board would be raised from 17 to 33 to provide for co-option of 16 IHF members comprising one senior vice president, six vice presidents, four joint secretaries and five executive members.
Also, former IHF president KPS Gill shall be co-opted as a life patron without voting rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical