IIT beams the sporting spirit
New Delhi: India First, a Zee News initiative is about making each and every Indian understands his/her responsibilities, unite as a nation to forget all the divisions & differences to make India a super nation.
The students of IIT Kharagpur, realise the power of sports in uniting the nation and hence host ‘Shaurya`09, a National Inter College Sports meet.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and Zee News understand their role towards the nation to promote sports and sportsmen, thus boosting college students to participate in sports, share ideas and decipher the meaning of bonding. Shaurya, in its 2nd edition, has the theme India and promotes Nationalism. Shaurya intends to take the idea of unity, progress and prosperity forward.
The events organised in the fest include football, cricket, badminton, hockey, lawn tennis, volleyball, basketball, table tennis as well as some unconventional but fun games like mini-golf, pool footer, matki phod, anti chess, Kabaddi and the marathon.
Sportsmanship and team spirit promoted by sports come from individuals from different backgrounds and induces the feeling of unity and brotherhood among them. This is what Shaurya’ 09 intends to achieve through the upcoming events spread over the coming 4 days.
‘Shaurya’ is the annual sports and games meet of IIT, Kharagpur. Conceptualized in 2008, the first edition of the meet surpassed all expectations and witnessed huge participation from many colleges in the region. It is the largest sports meet of the region and aims to be the largest of the country in the coming years.
Shaurya 2009 offers a platform for students from all over India to showcase their talent and compete with the best upcoming sport persons in the country in a highly charged and competitive ambience with highly equipped sports facilities.
Its sole motto is to demand a commitment to excellence and victory, which in turn fosters sportsmanship, strength of character, persistence, teamwork, conviction and flexibility in youth.
Having played host to 250 odd sports enthusiasts from colleges all over the country in its debut year 2008, Shaurya claims to be one of the most upcoming sports meet. Besides these, Shaurya has the honour to be associated with India`s premier institute – IIT, Kharagpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test