Jai Ho Rahman wins two Grammys
Mumbai: AR Rahman has done it again! The Mozart of Madras, who won the prestigious Oscar last year, has done the country proud once again as he has now bagged two Grammy Awards for his winning anthem ‘Jai Ho’ in Danny Boyle’s rags to riches flick ‘Slumdog Millionaire’.
The taskmaster won the awards at the glittering 52nd Annual awards ceremony in Los Angeles for Best Compilation Soundtrack for a motion picture and the Best Motion Picture Song. Elated yet modest, Rahman said, "This is insane, god is great again".
What’s makes this honour even more special is the fact that this was the first time that the gifted musician was nominated for a Grammy. And the singer has walked away with not one but 2 trophies. With this Rahman has now has joined the ranks of Pandit Ravi Shankar, Zakir Jussain, Vikku Vinayak and Vishvamohan Bhatt who have won a Grammy in the past.
Sung by Sukhvinder Singh, Tanvi Shah, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Vijay Prakash and Rahman, the song had become an international hit last year. Rahman`s rivals in the soundtrack category included Steve Jordan for ‘Cadillac Records,’ Quentin Tarantino for ‘Inglourious Basterds’, and the producers of ‘Twilight’ and ‘True Blood.’
In the best song category Rahman`s competition included international crooner Bruce Springsteen for his song ‘The Wrestler’, from the Oscar-nominated movie of the same name.
Cheers to the talented musician!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends