Illegal blood transfusion in Rajasthan; probe ordered
Jaipur: A laboratory owner was arrested
for allegedly collecting blood from donors without proper
tests and supplying it to a nursing home in Rajasthan`s
Sriganganagar district, even as the government ordered a probe
into the case amid charges that the blood was HIV infected.
Police said a complaint was registered with Anoopgarh
police station in Sriganganagar district, 484 km form here, on
August 26 accusing a laboratory and a nursing home of
transfusing HIV infected blood to patients.
Laboratory owner Hetram Goyal was arrested yesterday,
while the owner of nursing home Dr Bharat Bhushan is at large,
Meanwhile, the government today ordered a probe into
the matter by a committee of joint director medical and health
department, Bikaner and chief medical and health officer
(CMHO) of Ganganagar. The report is expected tomorrow.
Earlier, Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) and Block
CMHO (Chief Medical and Health Officer) of Anoopgarh after
investigating the matter had found several irregularities,
including failure to check the blood for any infection at the
time of donation and transfusion.
"A man, who was reportedly donating his blood at the
laboratory, tested positive of HIV few days back but has
denied that he donated blood, and submitted an affidavit to
this effect," an official of medical and health department
said, adding, "the two children who were said to have received
his blood three months ago have tested negative for HIV."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?