I`m fit to play, says Rafael Nadal
London: Defending champion Rafael Nadal said on Tuesday that he will be fit to play his Wimbledon quarter-final against Mardy Fish after a scan revealed he had not suffered a serious left foot injury.
The world number one suffered the injury in the first set of Monday`s last 16 win over Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro and immediately revealed that his future participation in the tournament was in doubt.
But the 25-year-old revealed on his Facebook page that he will be fit to tackle Fish on Wednesday.
`Yesterday after the match I went to take an MRI at a London hospital,` he said.
`During the match I thought I had something serious. But as the match went on the pain got better and thankfully the tests don`t show an injury.`
`Today I will practice at 4.30 pm and I`ll play tomorrow. Thanks all for the support.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss