I`m fit to play, says Rafael Nadal
London: Defending champion Rafael Nadal said on Tuesday that he will be fit to play his Wimbledon quarter-final against Mardy Fish after a scan revealed he had not suffered a serious left foot injury.
The world number one suffered the injury in the first set of Monday`s last 16 win over Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro and immediately revealed that his future participation in the tournament was in doubt.
But the 25-year-old revealed on his Facebook page that he will be fit to tackle Fish on Wednesday.
`Yesterday after the match I went to take an MRI at a London hospital,` he said.
`During the match I thought I had something serious. But as the match went on the pain got better and thankfully the tests don`t show an injury.`
`Today I will practice at 4.30 pm and I`ll play tomorrow. Thanks all for the support.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Philippine Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 5 sailors, Malaysia says
- Read –Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's letter to employees
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Pakistan needles India again, seeks independent probe into Burhan Wani's 'extra-judicial' killing
- Season's first dengue death reported in Delhi