I`m fit to play, says Rafael Nadal
London: Defending champion Rafael Nadal said on Tuesday that he will be fit to play his Wimbledon quarter-final against Mardy Fish after a scan revealed he had not suffered a serious left foot injury.
The world number one suffered the injury in the first set of Monday`s last 16 win over Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro and immediately revealed that his future participation in the tournament was in doubt.
But the 25-year-old revealed on his Facebook page that he will be fit to tackle Fish on Wednesday.
`Yesterday after the match I went to take an MRI at a London hospital,` he said.
`During the match I thought I had something serious. But as the match went on the pain got better and thankfully the tests don`t show an injury.`
`Today I will practice at 4.30 pm and I`ll play tomorrow. Thanks all for the support.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note