Important constituencies of Puducherry
Villianur is located to the west of Pondicherry on the Pondicherry - Villupuram main road at a distance of 9.5 Km from Pondicherry. Villianur is the headquarters of Villianur Commune Panchayat.
Ozhukarai is a city, a municipality and a taluk in Puducherry district. The enclaves of Kalapet and Alankuppam are parts of Ozhukarai municipality. As per 2001 India census, Ozhukarai had a population of 217,623. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Ozhukarai has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%. Male literacy is 83% and female literacy is 71%.
Karaikal North and Karaikal South
Karaikal is a city and a municipality in Karaikal district of Puducherry. The name Karaikal is a combination of two words `Karai` and `Kal`. Both the words ‘Karai and `Kal` have several meanings, of which the more acceptable ones are `lime mix` and `canal` respectively. Hence it has been suggested that the name may mean a canal built of lime mix. However, no trace of such a canal is evident now. Karaikal town about 16 km north of Nagappattinam and 9 km south of Tarangambadi is the regional headquarters. Karaikal port is a new deep sea water port being constructed in Vanjore, Karaikal. As of 2001 India census, Karaikal town had a population of 105,333. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday