Improved performance against England: Coach Brasa
New Delhi: Chief coach Jose Brasa said India put up a much improved performance in their fighting 2-3 loss to European champions England in the Hockey World Cup here Saturday.
“I think we played much better today as compared to the last match against Spain. Had Rajpal (Singh) converted the last minute chance, then we would have ended up splitting the points. But still, it has been an improved performance from my boys,” said the Spaniard.
Brasa said it was good to see players fighting till the last.
“We paid for some of the silly mistakes that we made today. And that happens due to lack of experience. We can only improve if we play more matches,” he said.
India captain Rajpal Singh rued missing the last chance that could have drawn the match.
“I was unlucky to miss the last chance. But today we played better. The way we came back in the match after conceding three goals was really commendable,” he said.
Brasa said it was important for the team to play better rather than hoping to win matches.
“I have always insisted that we are in a learning phase and now we have to focus on playing better rather than winning. We have to keep this bunch together and prepare them for the Asian Games (later this year),” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?