In UP, every day is some special divas: The Asian Age
Lucknow: Every state has its days and Uttar Pradesh is having more than its share these days.
Political protests in the state are transforming into a wide variety of "Divas" and a look at some of the days being observed would make even the most creative minds put on their thinking caps.
The Bahujan Samaj Party, on Wednesday, observed "Sharam Divas" across Uttar Pradesh and asked the Congress to be ashamed of its misdeeds.
The Congress retaliated by asking the people to observe "Bhay Divas" (fear day) since the BSP government has instilled a sense of fear in every citizen.
The practice of observing these unique days began in 2002 when Ms Mayawati, the then chief minister, held a massive "Dhikkar Rally" in Lucknow to protest against a statement made by Samajwadi president Mulayam Singh Yadav in which he had termed the Ambedkar memorial as an "aayashi ka adda".
The Samajwadi Party returned the fire by organising "Thu Thu" rallies across the state to "criticise and condemn" Ms Mayawati for accepting the Bhartiya Janata Party support.
A few months later in April 2003, Ms Mayawati organised a "Pardafash" rally in Lucknow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know