India add two more medals in Asian Wrestling C`ship
New Delhi: India continued its impressive
run in the ongoing Senior Assian Wrestling Championships and
added a silver and a bronze to its kitty here today.
Rajender Kumar lost to Choi Kyun Jin of Korea in the final
of the 55kg Greco Roman style to settle for the silver while
Sunil Kumar got the better of Tahi Sutep Oomchompoo in the
66kg category to bag the bronze medal.
In other encounters of the day, Manoj Kumar lost to Iran`s
Davoud Abedinzadeh 0-3, 0-1 in the bronze medal play-off in the
84 kg division.
The other Indian in the fray, Dharmender Dalal also missed
out on a bronze medal, losing 0-1, 0-2 to Liu Deli of China in
the 120 kg category.
With today`s triumphs, India`s tally in the championships
rose to six -- two gold, one silver and three bronze medals.
Narsingh Pancham Yadav won the first gold for the hosts
on the opening day o0f the event in the 74kg freestyle
Beijing Olympics bronze medallist Sushil Kumar (66kg
freestyle) then joined the party and clinched India`s second
gold in the tournament.
The Indian women grapplers are not to be left behind as
Arjuna awardee Alka Tomar (59kg) and Suman Kundu (63kg)
registered their name in the tally with bronze medals in their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog