India bag 10 gold in South Asia Judo tourney
New Delhi: Indian judokas swept the South Asia Judo Championships, finishing with 10 gold and a silver, held in Islamabad on May 11-12.
Out of 11 Indian judo players (six men and five women), who participated in the competition, none of them disappointed.
While India finished on top, the runners-up trophy of the championship was bagged by Pakistan.
The field comprised of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, besides India and Pakistan.
Indian judokas have started their preparation for the 2012 Olympics and the Judo Federation of India (JFI) is also planning to send the national judo team in most of the International Judo Federation`s Ranking events to be held this year.
Currently, the National coaching camp is going on at SAI, Bhopal. The Government of India has also approved of two foreign coaches for their training in India.
The Gold medal winners: Harpreet Singh (below 66 Kg), Shanitimala Dev (below 48 Kg), Ramashrey Yadav (below 73 Kg), N Gomti Chanu (below 52 Kg), Yashpal Solanki (below 90 Kg), A Anita Chanu (below 57 Kg), Vikram Solanki (below 100 Kg), Garima Chaudhary (below 63 Kg), Jitender Pal (above 100 Kg), Ch Jina Devi (below 70 Kg).
Silver medal winner: Virender Singh (below 81 Kg).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred