India beat arch rivals Pakistan to lift Kabaddi World Cup
Ludhiana: India kept security fears away to thrash Pakistan in the final to win the 2010 Kabaddi World Cup crown. The grand finale which was held at Guru Nanak stadium in Ludhiana saw crowd cheering for home team and ensured that home advantage works in India’s favour.
India outwitted arch rivals Pakistan 58-24 in a one sided contest as emerged victorious with an unblemished record in the tournament.
Prior to the start of the game, the high excitement and enthusiasm of crowd was marred reported terror threats to the final.
Besides India and Pakistan, Britain, USA, Iran, Italy, Canada and Australia also participated in the Kabaddi World Cup.
India had trounced Canada 57-36 in the semifinal and sealed the final berth while Pakistan beat Italy 57-33 in another semifinal to set up today’s clash.
India will get a massive Rs 1 crore in prize money, while runners-up Pakistan will have to be satisfied with Rs 50 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information