India beat arch rivals Pakistan to lift Kabaddi World Cup
Ludhiana: India kept security fears away to thrash Pakistan in the final to win the 2010 Kabaddi World Cup crown. The grand finale which was held at Guru Nanak stadium in Ludhiana saw crowd cheering for home team and ensured that home advantage works in India’s favour.
India outwitted arch rivals Pakistan 58-24 in a one sided contest as emerged victorious with an unblemished record in the tournament.
Prior to the start of the game, the high excitement and enthusiasm of crowd was marred reported terror threats to the final.
Besides India and Pakistan, Britain, USA, Iran, Italy, Canada and Australia also participated in the Kabaddi World Cup.
India had trounced Canada 57-36 in the semifinal and sealed the final berth while Pakistan beat Italy 57-33 in another semifinal to set up today’s clash.
India will get a massive Rs 1 crore in prize money, while runners-up Pakistan will have to be satisfied with Rs 50 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority