India beat Belgium 3-2 in second hockey Test
New Delhi: India overcame Belgium 3-2 in the second Test of the three match hockey series at Antwerp, Belgium.
Dragflicker Sandeep Singh converted two penalty corners in the 26th and 67th minutes while skipper Rajpal Singh scored in the 39th minute Thursday. Cedric Charlier (10th min) and Thomas Briels (55th min) struck for Belgium, a Hockey India (HI) press release said.
The first Test between the two teams was a 3-3 draw.
Belgium began aggressively while India struggled with their passing and trapping, losing possession frequently.
A long pass from defender Alexandre De Saedeleer to Charlier resulted in Belgium scoring their first goal.
Sandeep slammed the equaliser for India before a solo effort by Rajpal put India 2-1 ahead. The Indian captain stole the ball on the centre line and worked his way past four opponents before beating the Belgium goalkeeper.
But the Indian defence crumbled and gifted a goal with Briels scoring after being set up by Eliott Van Strydonck.
India got a fourth penalty corner when Belgian defender Max Vandersmissen was pulled up for obstruction and Sandeep successfully slotted the ball home.
India will play their final Test with Belgium Friday at Wellington, Brussels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened