India beat Belgium 3-2 in second hockey Test
New Delhi: India overcame Belgium 3-2 in the second Test of the three match hockey series at Antwerp, Belgium.
Dragflicker Sandeep Singh converted two penalty corners in the 26th and 67th minutes while skipper Rajpal Singh scored in the 39th minute Thursday. Cedric Charlier (10th min) and Thomas Briels (55th min) struck for Belgium, a Hockey India (HI) press release said.
The first Test between the two teams was a 3-3 draw.
Belgium began aggressively while India struggled with their passing and trapping, losing possession frequently.
A long pass from defender Alexandre De Saedeleer to Charlier resulted in Belgium scoring their first goal.
Sandeep slammed the equaliser for India before a solo effort by Rajpal put India 2-1 ahead. The Indian captain stole the ball on the centre line and worked his way past four opponents before beating the Belgium goalkeeper.
But the Indian defence crumbled and gifted a goal with Briels scoring after being set up by Eliott Van Strydonck.
India got a fourth penalty corner when Belgian defender Max Vandersmissen was pulled up for obstruction and Sandeep successfully slotted the ball home.
India will play their final Test with Belgium Friday at Wellington, Brussels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!