India beat Belgium 3-2 in second hockey Test
New Delhi: India overcame Belgium 3-2 in the second Test of the three match hockey series at Antwerp, Belgium.
Dragflicker Sandeep Singh converted two penalty corners in the 26th and 67th minutes while skipper Rajpal Singh scored in the 39th minute Thursday. Cedric Charlier (10th min) and Thomas Briels (55th min) struck for Belgium, a Hockey India (HI) press release said.
The first Test between the two teams was a 3-3 draw.
Belgium began aggressively while India struggled with their passing and trapping, losing possession frequently.
A long pass from defender Alexandre De Saedeleer to Charlier resulted in Belgium scoring their first goal.
Sandeep slammed the equaliser for India before a solo effort by Rajpal put India 2-1 ahead. The Indian captain stole the ball on the centre line and worked his way past four opponents before beating the Belgium goalkeeper.
But the Indian defence crumbled and gifted a goal with Briels scoring after being set up by Eliott Van Strydonck.
India got a fourth penalty corner when Belgian defender Max Vandersmissen was pulled up for obstruction and Sandeep successfully slotted the ball home.
India will play their final Test with Belgium Friday at Wellington, Brussels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan