India complete European tour with draw Vs Holland
Amsteelven: The Indian hockey team ended its European tour on a positive note by rallying to hold European champions The Netherlands to a 3-3 draw in the second and final Test at the Wagener Stadium.
India, trailing 1-2 at half-time, made a gallant turnaround to deny the world number four Dutch their second straight win ahead of the Euro-Nations Cup starting here next Saturday.
The goal scorers for India were Gurvinder Chandi (4th) and captain Sandeep Singh (59th and 68th), while Rogier Hofman (14th), Teun de Nooijer (16th) and Ronald Brouwer (39th minute) netted for Holland.
India began aggressively and earned their first penalty corner when Rajpal Singh was obstructed by Robert van der Horst.
Gurvinder Chandi slotted home in the fourth minute from a rebound offered by Dutch goalkeeper Jaap Stockmann.
The Dutch swung back with crafty midfield maneuvers from Laurence Docherty and Geert-Jan Derikx and attacks by Jeroen Hertzberger and Rob Reckers.
They were awarded a penalty corner when Arjun Halappa carried the ball in the eighth minute, but luckily for India, Adrian D`souza warded off Taeke Taekema`s effort diving to his right.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?