India congratulates Barack Obama on re-election
New Delhi: India on Wednesday congratulated US President Barack Obama on his re-election and said it looked forward to deepening multi-faceted engagement between the two countries in the years ahead.
"The government and people of India send their congratulations to President Obama on his winning a second mandate from the people of the US who have expressed their will in the great tradition of democracy in their country," the External Affairs Ministry said in a statement.
President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh are separately sending messages of congratulations to President Obama on his re-election, said the ministry.
Alluding to extensive bilateral cooperation and partnership based on shared values based on belief in democracy, the rule of law and pluralism, the ministry said India looked "forward to continuing to deepen and widen the engagement between India and the US in the years ahead".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan