India continue to dominate Kabaddi World Cup
Gurdaspur: India continued its winning streak
in the World Cup Kabaddi tournament and notched up its fourth
straight win by crushing Iran 62-28 here on Wednesday.
India now tops Pool-A with four wins out of four matches.
India had defeated America, Italy and Australia in their
last three matches, before getting past Iran.
Sukhvir Singh Sarawan with 14/14 points was the best
raider from the Indian squad and Hardeep Singh Dhilon was the
best defender as he clamped 5/5 his attempts.
Italy had to work hard to defeat Austalia in the first
match of the day (Pool A) as it outplayed the kangaroos by
47-43 in a well contested match.
Channa Kheeranwali of Italy was the best raider as he
clinched 14 points out of 16.
Harjinder Singh blocked his three rivals by showing his
powerful grip. It was italy`s second victory out of three
In the third match of the day Canada thrashed England
49-29 as Canada`s riders and defenders showed their worth
during all the match.
Kuljeeta Malsiana got seven points out of seven and
Sandeep Nangal defended 7/7 and was the best defender.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India