India defeat Sri Lanka 7-2 in SA Games
Dhaka: V Raghunath and Mohammad Aamir Khan scored two goals each as India beat Sri Lanka 7-2 to register their second consecutive victory in the 11th South Asian Games here on Sunday.
Fresh from their 21-0 mauling of Nepal yesterday, Indians on Sunday put up a spirited display at the Moulana Bhashin Stadium as Dharamvir Singh, captain Ajitesh Roy and Pramod Kumar also chipped in with one goal each to complete the tally.
Sri Lanka pulled back twice through captain Abeyarathne, who scored in the 15th and 60th minutes.
Indians drew the first blood when Dharamvir scored in the fourth minute.
Raghunath then sounded the board in the seventh and 40th minutes, while Mohammad Aamir scored in the 21st and 65th minutes.
Roy banged in one in the 46th minute, before Pramod Kumar found back of the net in the 52nd minute.
In another match of the day, Pakistan drubbed Nepal 19-0 in their campaign-opener to remain in course for an expected final clash with arch-rivals India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof