India-EU FTA will lead to new wave of investments
Metz (France): A new wave of investments
from India to Europe and from Europe to India is likely to
follow the India-EU free trade agreement which would take the
bilateral trade to 160 billion euro by 2015, says the Indian
Ambassador to France Ranjan Mathai.
Two years after negotiations on the FTA began, India and
the European Union are continuing the talks with the hope of
concluding by the end of 2010.
"We are looking at very major increase in investment in
France and India and of course, larger European Union as a
whole. And we would like to encourage this by emphasising the
opportunities available in India. We will have a new wave of
investment," Mathai told at the Euro-India Transportation
Systems (EITS) event here.
Some 700 European and Indian companies in the automotive,
aerospace, rail, truck/bus, shipbuilding and transport &
logistics sectors are participating in the EITS.
Mathai said many European and Indian companies have lined
up huge investments to be made in both the regions.
He said the India-EU FTA would take forward bilateral
trade, which is expected to grow to 160 billion euro by 2015
from around 70 billion euro at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH