India finish 10th in Asian Martial Arts Games
Bangkok: India bagged three gold, seven silver and 23 bronze to finish a commendable 10th in the first Asian Martial Arts Games which concluded here today.
For India, all the three gold were won by women and two came in kurash, a form of upright jacket wrestling originated in Uzbekistan.
Shally Manral gave India their first gold in the women`s 52kg half weight category in kurash, while Laxmi Tyagi bagged the second in the 52kg low kick kick-boxing.
Jaya Chaudhary rounded off India`s campaign with a gold in the women`s 72kg half-heavy division in kurash to help the side finish in the top 10 bracket.
Incidentally, India`s two gold came at the expense of medal tally toppers Thailand. While Laxmi defeated local favourite Wilaiwan Namuangchan in the final, Jaya overcame the challenge of Chumerin Pongsumang.
Hosts Thailand topped the medals tally with 21 gold, 17 silver and 16 bronze, followed by Kazakhstan with 15 gold, seven silver and 12 bronze. Korea stood third with 10 gold, six silver and three bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!