India for augmenting border trade with Myanmar
Imphal: India will explore ways to augment
border trade with Myanmar, and delegates from the two
countries would meet soon to deliberate on the issue, a senior
government official has said.
A joint conference of delegates from both the countries
would be organised soon to find ways and means to enhance
border trade, V L Kantha Rao, Director of Commerce Department,
Government of India, said.
The assurance was given at a meeting of official teams
from both the countries at Tamu, border town of Myanmar,
Rao said for smooth trade national highway 39 should be
properly developed and maintained.
National highway 39 connects three north eastern states
-- Assam, Nagaland and Manipur -- and terminates at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000