India gold almost steady; strong rupee may weigh
Mumbai: India gold futures were almost steady on Tuesday morning taking a breather after last week`s rally to their record highs, analysts said.
Investors would continue to watch Dubai`s loan repayment troubles for direction, they added.
The most-traded February contract was 0.08 percent higher at 17,733 rupees per 10 grams at 10:57 a.m., after hitting a record high of 18,082 rupees during last week.
"Profit-taking could be seen in later part of the session. Support is placed at Rs 17,580/17,600," said Abhishek Chauhan, an analyst with Angel Commodities.
The contract had gained more than 9 percent in November.
Gold may trade in the range 17,700-17,850, said Aurobinda Prasad, head of research, Karvy Comtrade.
Analysts said a strong rupee, which makes the dollar-quoted asset cheaper, would continue to weigh on gold. The Indian rupee rose as the dollar fell against major currencies overseas, but it moved in a very narrow band.
Open interest for February gold on MCX was at 17,640 lots, up from 13,718 a day earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing