India hope for better showing against Guyana
Georgetown: The drubbing against Trinidad and Tobago done and dusted with, the Indian football team is determined to show a lot more character as it gears up to take on Guyana in the second match of its Caribbean tour on Wednesday.
On their arrival, the Indian players were welcomed by Guyana Football Federation officials at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport, but it would be a different ballgame altogether when Armando Coalaco`s boys take the field against a team, which is ranked 37 places above them in the FIFA charts.
Chief coach Coalco, however, expressed hope and confidence.
"This Indian team represents the whole nation as there are players from all the clubs of the country.”
"After the loss against Trinidad and Tobago, we are looking forward to the game against Guyana and hope for a better result this time," Colaco told reporters here ahead of his team`s match at the Guyana National Stadium.
Configured in the traditional 4-4-2 formation, Colaco`s side will again look to attack mostly from the two flanks.
The players are expected to have a light training session with most of them indulging in recovery training, while the substitutes had a full training session under the watchful eyes of the support staff.
Guyana had played India once, in 1984, when they won 3-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur