India hope for better showing against Guyana
Georgetown: The drubbing against Trinidad and Tobago done and dusted with, the Indian football team is determined to show a lot more character as it gears up to take on Guyana in the second match of its Caribbean tour on Wednesday.
On their arrival, the Indian players were welcomed by Guyana Football Federation officials at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport, but it would be a different ballgame altogether when Armando Coalaco`s boys take the field against a team, which is ranked 37 places above them in the FIFA charts.
Chief coach Coalco, however, expressed hope and confidence.
"This Indian team represents the whole nation as there are players from all the clubs of the country.”
"After the loss against Trinidad and Tobago, we are looking forward to the game against Guyana and hope for a better result this time," Colaco told reporters here ahead of his team`s match at the Guyana National Stadium.
Configured in the traditional 4-4-2 formation, Colaco`s side will again look to attack mostly from the two flanks.
The players are expected to have a light training session with most of them indulging in recovery training, while the substitutes had a full training session under the watchful eyes of the support staff.
Guyana had played India once, in 1984, when they won 3-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu