India Inc welcomes Rail Budget with reservations
Mumbai: Railways Minister Mamata Banerjee presented the Railway Budget for the 2010/11 financial year in Parliament on Wednesday.
Following are reactions from company officials to the budget:
Umesh Choudhary, vice chairman, Titagrh Wagons
"Railway is building up capacity for the long term. Emphasis on public-private model to enhance rail infrastructure is good for the industry. If railways want to achieve this growth, it cannot do it by itself. It will need private investors.”
“However, some proposals like new wagon order and five new wagon plants, need more clarity."
Sajal Mitra, CEO, Arshiya Rail (unit of Arshiya International)
"We can take some positives from the budget in terms of enhancing overall connectivity and setting up a task force for clearance of projects within 100 days. But last year also, a lot of projects were announced and nothing really took off. At the end of the day you need massive amount of funds for these projects and funds are currently not available".
MVS Seshagiri Rao, Jt Managing Director, JSW Steel
"Dependency on road is very, very high. Share of railways is only 35-40 percent. So, this is one very big initiative, which is required to be pushed for having the railway corridors in several parts of India. Thereby, the railways` share will increase. It will become more efficient for the people, more competitive, it becomes cheaper to move to railway. I think that is what the industry is expecting."
RD Sharma, chairman & managing director, Kalindee Rail Nirman (Engineers) Ltd
"She (the railway minister) has also mentioned about vision 2020. We have to achieve an average of 1,000 kilometers a year. That is a great opportunity for companies like us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared