India needs Petaflop supercomputer series: Vijay Bhatkar
Beed (Maha): India needs Petaflop series of supercomputer, but the Centre is not willing to give any financial assistance for the project, a top IT scientist said here on Saturday.
"Petaflop is a measure of a computer`s processing speed and can be expressed as thousand trillion floating point operations per second," architect of PARAM series of
supercomputers Vijay Bhatkar told PTI.
America, Japan, China and India are the only countries in the world that have been carrying out research on Petaflop Computer Series, he said.
"To make Petaflop we need Rs 1,000 crore and 50 MW separate electrical power station, but the Centre is not willing to give funds to the project," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!