India needs Petaflop supercomputer series: Vijay Bhatkar
Beed (Maha): India needs Petaflop series of supercomputer, but the Centre is not willing to give any financial assistance for the project, a top IT scientist said here on Saturday.
"Petaflop is a measure of a computer`s processing speed and can be expressed as thousand trillion floating point operations per second," architect of PARAM series of
supercomputers Vijay Bhatkar told PTI.
America, Japan, China and India are the only countries in the world that have been carrying out research on Petaflop Computer Series, he said.
"To make Petaflop we need Rs 1,000 crore and 50 MW separate electrical power station, but the Centre is not willing to give funds to the project," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional