India needs Petaflop supercomputer series: Vijay Bhatkar
Beed (Maha): India needs Petaflop series of supercomputer, but the Centre is not willing to give any financial assistance for the project, a top IT scientist said here on Saturday.
"Petaflop is a measure of a computer`s processing speed and can be expressed as thousand trillion floating point operations per second," architect of PARAM series of
supercomputers Vijay Bhatkar told PTI.
America, Japan, China and India are the only countries in the world that have been carrying out research on Petaflop Computer Series, he said.
"To make Petaflop we need Rs 1,000 crore and 50 MW separate electrical power station, but the Centre is not willing to give funds to the project," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets