`India on par with others in electronic warfare`
Bhubaneswar: India is on par with other countries in electronic warfare, senior scientist Saktipada Dash, who took over as director of a prestigious defence electronics research laboratory, said Wednesday.
Dash was deeply involved in path-breaking research in missile projects like Prithvi, Agni and BrahMos.
"We are almost on par with other countries in electric warfare," said Dash who took charge as director of the prestigious Defence Electronics Research Laboratory (DLRL) at Hyderabad Tuesday.
DLRL, a lab of country`s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has been designing and developing electronic warfare systems covering radar and communication frequency bands for the Indian army, navy and air force for over four decades.
"Communication technology and radar technology is changing very fast. Everybody is updating their systems. We will have to find out what they are doing and counter that", he said in a telephone interview, explaining the challanges ahead.
Dash was credited with hundreds of flights tests and evaluation of missiles and weapon systems during his previous assignment of over five years as director of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha.
He said to make its systems effective efforts are always on to upgrade country`s electronic warfare systems. Some systems have already been developed and are being used by army, navy and air force.
"Some more are under progress", he said, adding that those cannot be divulged because they are highly classified.
Born in the Odisha`s Cuttack district 1955, Dash stood first in the state`s higher secondary board. He did his B.Tech in electronics and communications from the Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur in 1977.
He was deeply involved in the design and development of electronics systems for the Trishul, Nag, Akash, Astra, BrahMos, Prithvi and Agni missile programmes.
He has received Prime Minister`s DRDO Award for path breaking research and performance excellence four times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo