India-Pak to clash in Kabaddi World Cup final
Bathinda: Arch-rivals India and Pakistan set up the Kabaddi World Cup final after winning their respective semifinals here on Saturday.
India comfortably defeated Canada 51-36 while Pakistan outplayed Italy 57-33.
The summit clash will be held on Monday.
The host overcame the challenge of Canada after some anxious moments. The gap between the two teams was just four at half-time with India on 23.
After the breather, India revised its strategy and played more aggressively and went on to win comfortably in the end.
Canada raider Kuljeet Malsian with 15/17 score was adjudged best raider while India Captain Mangat Singh Mangi was adjudged best stopper with 6/11 score.
Earlier, in the first semi-final Pakistan stormed into finals by defeating Italy 57-33.
Pakistan, led by Imtiaj Alam, dominated the match in both the halfs and was superior side.
Italy captain Kamaljit Singh Kala played beautifully but that could not help his team win. Yaser Javed Gujjar was adjudged the best stopper of Pakistan with 4/7 scores.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living