India pocket men, women gold in kabaddi at SAG
Dhaka: Mighty India defended their titles
in Kabaddi with ease, claiming both the men`s and women`s gold
at the 11th South Asian Games here on Thursday.
Indian men outplayed arch-rivals Pakistan 29-11 to win
the gold medal while their female counterparts beat hosts
Bangladesh 34-20 to emerge champions.
Both the losing semifinalists` Bangladesh and Nepal won
the bronze medals in the men`s section.
In the women`s section, the bronze medals went to Nepal
and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath