India pocket men, women gold in kabaddi at SAG
Dhaka: Mighty India defended their titles
in Kabaddi with ease, claiming both the men`s and women`s gold
at the 11th South Asian Games here on Thursday.
Indian men outplayed arch-rivals Pakistan 29-11 to win
the gold medal while their female counterparts beat hosts
Bangladesh 34-20 to emerge champions.
Both the losing semifinalists` Bangladesh and Nepal won
the bronze medals in the men`s section.
In the women`s section, the bronze medals went to Nepal
and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB