India seeded 10th in Sudirman Cup
New Delhi: India have been seeded 10th in the elite group of the prestigious Sudirman Cup badminton World Team Championships to be held in Qingdao, China from May 22 to 29.
Defending champions China have been given the top billing and the Asian powerhouse are followed by Europe’s number one Denmark and Indonesia.
Chinese Taipei, South Korea and Malaysia are seeded fourth, fifth and sixth respectively in the 12-team elite division.
India had secured promotion to the elite group after beating Bulgaria in a 2009 playoff.
The elite division will be divided into four groups of three teams each. In Group two and three, there will be eight teams each and these will be further divided into two sub-groups of four teams each.
Group four will, however, have only four teams.
In 2009, China beat South Korea 3-0, in the final while Malaysia and Indonesia finished third and fourth respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender