India sets record of playing most number of ODIs
Bulawayo: India surpassed Australia in playing the most number of one-day Internationals when they crushed Sri Lanka in the tri-nation cricket series here in their 742nd match.
The record-breaking match turned out to be a memorable one as India overhauled the target of 243 with 6.3 overs to spare at the Queens Sports Club yesterday.
Australia have played 741 ODIs so far to hold the second position, while Pakistan are in third place with 715 ODIs. Fourth in the list are the West Indies (636), followed by Sri Lanka (599) and New Zealand (584).
India played their first ODI on July 13, 1974 – against England in Leeds. India had lost the match by four wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30