India sets record of playing most number of ODIs
Bulawayo: India surpassed Australia in playing the most number of one-day Internationals when they crushed Sri Lanka in the tri-nation cricket series here in their 742nd match.
The record-breaking match turned out to be a memorable one as India overhauled the target of 243 with 6.3 overs to spare at the Queens Sports Club yesterday.
Australia have played 741 ODIs so far to hold the second position, while Pakistan are in third place with 715 ODIs. Fourth in the list are the West Indies (636), followed by Sri Lanka (599) and New Zealand (584).
India played their first ODI on July 13, 1974 – against England in Leeds. India had lost the match by four wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video