India sets record of playing most number of ODIs
Bulawayo: India surpassed Australia in playing the most number of one-day Internationals when they crushed Sri Lanka in the tri-nation cricket series here in their 742nd match.
The record-breaking match turned out to be a memorable one as India overhauled the target of 243 with 6.3 overs to spare at the Queens Sports Club yesterday.
Australia have played 741 ODIs so far to hold the second position, while Pakistan are in third place with 715 ODIs. Fourth in the list are the West Indies (636), followed by Sri Lanka (599) and New Zealand (584).
India played their first ODI on July 13, 1974 – against England in Leeds. India had lost the match by four wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing