India swimmers sign off with four more gold medals
Mirpur: Indian swimmers concluded their campaign at the 11th South Asian Games in style, winning four more gold medals with a new meet record and took their overall tally to 25.
India also bagged a silver to sign off from the event with a haul of 16 gold, seven silver and two bronze medals.
Thus Indian swimmers reigned in the pool in 16 of the 19 competitions held.
In the 50m breaststroke, Arjun Jaya Prakash shattered the 30.43 record held by Mohammad Shahajahan Ali Rony of Bangladesh as he clocked 30.04 en route to the gold medal.
Local lads Mohammad Shahajahan Ali Rony (31.04) and Mohammad Kamal Hossain (31.05) took the silver and bronze respectively.
Having made a national meet record in the 50m butterfly, Shubha Chittaranjan picked her second gold medal when she finished first in the 50m freestyle with a timing of 27.98s.
India had a 1-2 finish in the same event with Sneha Sambandam (28.67) picking the silver finishing ahead of Sri Lanka`s Madhawee Kaushalya Kalurachchilage (29.78).
The Indian swimmers reigned supreme in both men`s and women`s 4x100m medley relay events as the Indian Tri-colour remained high at the pool events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak