India swimmers sign off with four more gold medals
Mirpur: Indian swimmers concluded their campaign at the 11th South Asian Games in style, winning four more gold medals with a new meet record and took their overall tally to 25.
India also bagged a silver to sign off from the event with a haul of 16 gold, seven silver and two bronze medals.
Thus Indian swimmers reigned in the pool in 16 of the 19 competitions held.
In the 50m breaststroke, Arjun Jaya Prakash shattered the 30.43 record held by Mohammad Shahajahan Ali Rony of Bangladesh as he clocked 30.04 en route to the gold medal.
Local lads Mohammad Shahajahan Ali Rony (31.04) and Mohammad Kamal Hossain (31.05) took the silver and bronze respectively.
Having made a national meet record in the 50m butterfly, Shubha Chittaranjan picked her second gold medal when she finished first in the 50m freestyle with a timing of 27.98s.
India had a 1-2 finish in the same event with Sneha Sambandam (28.67) picking the silver finishing ahead of Sri Lanka`s Madhawee Kaushalya Kalurachchilage (29.78).
The Indian swimmers reigned supreme in both men`s and women`s 4x100m medley relay events as the Indian Tri-colour remained high at the pool events.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'