India thump Sri Lanka in handball
Dhaka: India demolished first timers Sri
Lanka 58-10 to start their handball campaign in thumping
fashion at the 11th South Asian Games here on Monday.
Deepak Ahlawat (10 goals), Feroz Ahmed Khan (8), Praseed
Kumar Kundhuthodiyil and Sachin Choudhary (7 each) and
Siddharth Bidhuri (6) were the main scorers for India.
Apart from them, Mohinder Singh Rawat and Samsher Singh
netted five each while Naya Chandra scored four goals.
Naveen Kumar and Parduma Singh also registered their
names in the score-sheet, scoring two goals apiece while
Susant Mishra found the net once against the hapless Lankans.
For Sri Lanka, Nalaka scored four goals, while Pahan,
Nama and Roshan managed two each.
In another match, Bangladesh beat Nepal 40-18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees