India thump Sri Lanka in handball
Dhaka: India demolished first timers Sri
Lanka 58-10 to start their handball campaign in thumping
fashion at the 11th South Asian Games here on Monday.
Deepak Ahlawat (10 goals), Feroz Ahmed Khan (8), Praseed
Kumar Kundhuthodiyil and Sachin Choudhary (7 each) and
Siddharth Bidhuri (6) were the main scorers for India.
Apart from them, Mohinder Singh Rawat and Samsher Singh
netted five each while Naya Chandra scored four goals.
Naveen Kumar and Parduma Singh also registered their
names in the score-sheet, scoring two goals apiece while
Susant Mishra found the net once against the hapless Lankans.
For Sri Lanka, Nalaka scored four goals, while Pahan,
Nama and Roshan managed two each.
In another match, Bangladesh beat Nepal 40-18.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS