India to clash with Pakistan in Kabaddi final at SAG
Dhaka: India`s men`s kabaddi team moved a
step forward in its title defence by making the final,
following a convincing victory over Bangladesh in the 11th
South Asian Games here on Wednesday.
The men`s team knocked down the hosts side 34-11 to
finish on top of the table with four wins from four outings.
India will clash with arch-rivals Pakistan for the gold
medal match at the National Kabaddi Stadium.
Pakistan defeated Nepal 44-16 to finish second behind
Bangladesh and Nepal will get bronze medals in the men`s
section having finished third and fourth respectively.
The women`s team had already assured itself a place in
the final yesterday and will take on hosts Bangladesh for the
gold medal decider tomorrow.
The women`s section had four teams in fray with India and
Bangladesh finishing first and second respectively after their
Nepal and Sri Lanka finished third and fourth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble