India to clash with Pakistan in Kabaddi final at SAG
Dhaka: India`s men`s kabaddi team moved a
step forward in its title defence by making the final,
following a convincing victory over Bangladesh in the 11th
South Asian Games here on Wednesday.
The men`s team knocked down the hosts side 34-11 to
finish on top of the table with four wins from four outings.
India will clash with arch-rivals Pakistan for the gold
medal match at the National Kabaddi Stadium.
Pakistan defeated Nepal 44-16 to finish second behind
Bangladesh and Nepal will get bronze medals in the men`s
section having finished third and fourth respectively.
The women`s team had already assured itself a place in
the final yesterday and will take on hosts Bangladesh for the
gold medal decider tomorrow.
The women`s section had four teams in fray with India and
Bangladesh finishing first and second respectively after their
Nepal and Sri Lanka finished third and fourth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'