India to grow at 8%: WB
Washington: With India`s growth projected to ease to 8 percent in fiscal 2011-12 from 8.8 percent last fiscal, South Asia is headed for a slower, but still buoyant 7.5 percent growth in 2011, says the World Bank.
After growing at a robust 9.3 percent during calendar year 2010, activity in South Asia moderated in the first quarter of 2011, it said in its June 2011 edition of Global Economic Prospects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?