India to stage new European Tour event in February
New Delhi: India will host a new European Tour event in February, the Avantha Masters in New Delhi worth 1.5 million euros (USD 2.15 million).
It will be the first tournament of a joint venture between the European Tour and the Asian Tour, to be known as EurAsia Golf. The Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI) is the other partner in the tri-sanctioned event.
"We are delighted to be returning to New Delhi ... for the first event in our new collaboration with the Asian Tour, under the EurAsia banner, and the PGTI," European Tour chief executive George O`Grady said in a news release on Tuesday.
O`Grady added that a three-year deal had been agreed for the Avantha Masters.
The European Tour paid two visits to New Delhi in February 2008, for the Indian Masters and the Johnnie Walker Classic. Both events were also tri-sanctioned with the Asian Tour and PGTI.
The Avantha Masters will be played at the Arnold Palmer-designed DLF Golf and Country Club from Feb. 11-14.
"We believe this new tournament will maintain India`s terrific growth in the game," said Asian Tour executive chairman Kyi Hla Han.
"We certainly believe the Avantha Masters will greatly impact the game in India and Asia."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India