India whipped 0-3 by China in Jr Davis Cup
New Delhi: India suffered a 0-3 drubbing at the hands of sixth seeds China to slump to their second consecutive defeat in the Junior Davis Cup Asia/Oceania qualifying round on Tuesday.
India, who went down 1-2 to Chinese Taipei in the first round robin match yesterday, will now fight to avoid relegation.
The home side, now placed third in Group D, play bottom placed Sri Lanka tomorrow to stay in the Asia-Oceania group. Two teams from the group would qualify for the World Group.
In the first singles at Delhi Lawn Tennis Association here, India`s number two Fatehdeep Singh went down to Ze-Yu Li 4-6, 3-6 in one hour and 35 minutes.
In the second singles, India`s top player Sheikh Abdullah hung on for a while in the first set but was blown away by Si-Yu Liu in the second to lose 3-6 0-6 in a one hour 15 minute match.
Garvit Batra and Fatehdeep Singh then lost to Ze-Yu Li and Zhi-Cheng Zhu in the inconsequential doubles 1-6 2-6 in 55 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state