India whipped 0-3 by China in Jr Davis Cup
New Delhi: India suffered a 0-3 drubbing at the hands of sixth seeds China to slump to their second consecutive defeat in the Junior Davis Cup Asia/Oceania qualifying round on Tuesday.
India, who went down 1-2 to Chinese Taipei in the first round robin match yesterday, will now fight to avoid relegation.
The home side, now placed third in Group D, play bottom placed Sri Lanka tomorrow to stay in the Asia-Oceania group. Two teams from the group would qualify for the World Group.
In the first singles at Delhi Lawn Tennis Association here, India`s number two Fatehdeep Singh went down to Ze-Yu Li 4-6, 3-6 in one hour and 35 minutes.
In the second singles, India`s top player Sheikh Abdullah hung on for a while in the first set but was blown away by Si-Yu Liu in the second to lose 3-6 0-6 in a one hour 15 minute match.
Garvit Batra and Fatehdeep Singh then lost to Ze-Yu Li and Zhi-Cheng Zhu in the inconsequential doubles 1-6 2-6 in 55 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?