India win six medals, gold in kabbadi in Asian Indoor
Hanoi: India won six medals, including a gold in men’s kabbadi, on the penultimate day of the third Asian Indoor Games here on Friday.
With today’s six medals, India’s medal tally swelled to 33 (four gold, seven silver and 22 bronze). India are now in the eighth position in the medal table.
Men’s kabbadi players gave India the gold by beating Iran 57-33 in the final. India led 32-16 at half-time.
Later, Aron de Souza won a silver in the men’s 200m freestyle swimming, clocking 1 minute and 48.39 seconds. His compatriot Virdhwal Khade won the bronze in the same event with a timing of 1 minute and 48.72 seconds.
Women’s wushu gave two bronze to India with K Rebita Devi and Jaiwanti Jaiwanti finishing third in 65kg and 70kg respectively.
Wushu Federation of India General Secretary Manish Kackar was given the honour to present medals to the winners at the victory ceremony.
Pankaj Advani won another bronze for India in English billiards. He lost to Peter Edward Gilchrist 1-3 (102-53, 0-102, 41-100, 32-102) in the semifinal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday