India win six medals, gold in kabbadi in Asian Indoor
Hanoi: India won six medals, including a gold in men’s kabbadi, on the penultimate day of the third Asian Indoor Games here on Friday.
With today’s six medals, India’s medal tally swelled to 33 (four gold, seven silver and 22 bronze). India are now in the eighth position in the medal table.
Men’s kabbadi players gave India the gold by beating Iran 57-33 in the final. India led 32-16 at half-time.
Later, Aron de Souza won a silver in the men’s 200m freestyle swimming, clocking 1 minute and 48.39 seconds. His compatriot Virdhwal Khade won the bronze in the same event with a timing of 1 minute and 48.72 seconds.
Women’s wushu gave two bronze to India with K Rebita Devi and Jaiwanti Jaiwanti finishing third in 65kg and 70kg respectively.
Wushu Federation of India General Secretary Manish Kackar was given the honour to present medals to the winners at the victory ceremony.
Pankaj Advani won another bronze for India in English billiards. He lost to Peter Edward Gilchrist 1-3 (102-53, 0-102, 41-100, 32-102) in the semifinal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?