India win two silver in Asian Air Gun Shooting
New Delhi: Indian pistol shooters claimed
team silver in both senior and junior men`s categories on the
third day of the 3rd Asian Air Gun Shooting Championship in
The senior team comprising of Zakir Khan (578), Omkar
Singh (577), Samresh Jung (567) won silver with a total score
of 1722. China won gold with 1733 points.
Overall, Omkar was fourth in the individual category,
while Khan finished sixth. Jung, however, didn`t figure in the
In the junior division, the team of Farooq Ali (571),
Amit Kumar (567) and Sikander Mann (559) picked up silver with
a total score of 1697 out of possible 1800.
The gold went to Chinese shooters whose total was 1730
while Korea won bronze with a score of 1693.
In the youth group, India`s best bet Digvijay Singh shot
557 to finish outside top eight. The score was also outside
the radar to claim a quota place.
However, in the individual category, Chinese shooters
walked away with the titles in both senior and junior sections
of the tournament.
Results: Senior Men:
Team event: 1. China (1733); 2. India 1722 (Zakir Khan
578, Omkar Singh 577, Samresh Jung 567); 3. Iran (1719).
Team event: 1. China (1730); 2. India 1697 (Farooq Ali
571, Amit Kumar 567, Sikander Mann 559); 3. Korea (1693).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?