India win two silver in Asian Air Gun Shooting
New Delhi: Indian pistol shooters claimed
team silver in both senior and junior men`s categories on the
third day of the 3rd Asian Air Gun Shooting Championship in
The senior team comprising of Zakir Khan (578), Omkar
Singh (577), Samresh Jung (567) won silver with a total score
of 1722. China won gold with 1733 points.
Overall, Omkar was fourth in the individual category,
while Khan finished sixth. Jung, however, didn`t figure in the
In the junior division, the team of Farooq Ali (571),
Amit Kumar (567) and Sikander Mann (559) picked up silver with
a total score of 1697 out of possible 1800.
The gold went to Chinese shooters whose total was 1730
while Korea won bronze with a score of 1693.
In the youth group, India`s best bet Digvijay Singh shot
557 to finish outside top eight. The score was also outside
the radar to claim a quota place.
However, in the individual category, Chinese shooters
walked away with the titles in both senior and junior sections
of the tournament.
Results: Senior Men:
Team event: 1. China (1733); 2. India 1722 (Zakir Khan
578, Omkar Singh 577, Samresh Jung 567); 3. Iran (1719).
Team event: 1. China (1730); 2. India 1697 (Farooq Ali
571, Amit Kumar 567, Sikander Mann 559); 3. Korea (1693).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love