India wins silver medal at Commonwealth Shooting championship
New Delhi: Indian women shooter Birmati on Thursday won a silver medal on the sixth day of the ongoing Commonwealth Shooting championships being held in the national capital.
She won the silver medal in the 50-meter Prone Badge and Pairs event for women by scoring 592 points.
On her part, Birmati was an elated shooter by contending she had done her job quite job well beyond the expectations.
“I had prepared myself mentally that I will do well. I only focussed on my basics. I worked well on my basics. Now I will prepare for the Commonwealth Games. I hope to give my best and produce the best possible results in the Commonwealth Games,” Birmati said.
New Zealand shooter Sally Johnston, who ended up bagging 593 points, won the gold medal in the event.
In the same event, Scotland’s Jennifer McIntosh finished third, but was tied in points with the Indian shooter.
As on February 25, India led the medal tally with 17 Gold, 12 Silver and 6 Bronze medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday