India yet to open account in C’wealth Fullbore Shooting
New Delhi: National champion Sushil Gahey finished fifth in 3000m individual event as India failed to open their medal account after the second day of Commonwealth Fullbore Shooting championship at Kadarpur on Saturday.
Sushil collected 580 points to finish fifth in the event won by Welshman Robert Oxford who scored 586. Australia’s David Wright also scored 586 but his better 10’s were 20x as compared to 35x for Oxford and had to settle for silver.
Northern Ireland’s David Calvert managed 585 points to get the bronze medal.
On Friday also, India had drawn blank with the team of Sushil Ghaley and Pradeep Kumar finishing fourth in 300m pairs event with a combined score of 1144. The Welsh team of Robert Oxford and Gareth Morris had clinched the gold with a score of 1161.
12 countries, including India, are participating in the 10-day long test event of the Commonwealth Games, at the Full Bore Shooting Range, Kadarpur near Gurgaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday