India yet to open account in C’wealth Fullbore Shooting
New Delhi: National champion Sushil Gahey finished fifth in 3000m individual event as India failed to open their medal account after the second day of Commonwealth Fullbore Shooting championship at Kadarpur on Saturday.
Sushil collected 580 points to finish fifth in the event won by Welshman Robert Oxford who scored 586. Australia’s David Wright also scored 586 but his better 10’s were 20x as compared to 35x for Oxford and had to settle for silver.
Northern Ireland’s David Calvert managed 585 points to get the bronze medal.
On Friday also, India had drawn blank with the team of Sushil Ghaley and Pradeep Kumar finishing fourth in 300m pairs event with a combined score of 1144. The Welsh team of Robert Oxford and Gareth Morris had clinched the gold with a score of 1161.
12 countries, including India, are participating in the 10-day long test event of the Commonwealth Games, at the Full Bore Shooting Range, Kadarpur near Gurgaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof