Indiabulls Financial ends life insurance JV with Sogecap
Mumbai: Indiabulls Financial Services on Monday said it has decided to end its partnership with an arm of Frances Societe Generale for life insurance business in the country, but did not say if it was looking for a new partner.
Sogecap, the subsidiary of Societe Generale (SG) of France, and the company have mutually agreed not to pursue the life insurance joint venture in India, Indiabulls Financial Services said in a regulatory filing.
The company did not disclose any reason for discontinuing the joint venture agreement with Sogecap.
The company, last year in April, had entered into the joint venture agreement with Sogecap. It had received approval from the Reserve Bank to hold 74 percent stake in the venture, the filing added.
The life insurance company had also received approval from Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) to pursue the life insurance venture, it said.
Shares of Indiabulls Financial Services were trading at Rs 127.25 on BSE, down 1.17 percent from previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea