`Indian Americans vote for Obama in swing states`
Washington: Nearly three-fourth of Indian Americans voted for US President Barack Obama in the swing states which are considered to be decisive in final results, a sample survey has found.
In the survey done by San Francisco-based April Media among those voted from Ohio, Colorado, Wisconsin, Florida and Virginia, 75 percent of Indian Americans voted for Obama.
In Pennsylvania, however, the community favoured Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential candidate.
Indian Americans in Pennsylvania think that "Obama did not bring about the changes he promised”, April Media said.
Interestingly, among total Indian Americans in these swing states, only 40 percent were registered to vote as rest of them was either on a temporary visa status or permanent residents, the press statement said.
In the national survey, 60 percent favoured Obama, while 20 percent favoured Romney.
As many as 10 percent of the people surveyed stayed away from voting while 10 percent did not even bother to register to vote.
"The interesting thing was about 20 percent of Indian Americans who believed in Republican policies defected towards Obama camp," said April Media in a statement issued here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling