Indian archers settle for silver in World Cup
Kolkata: The Indian pair of Jayanta Talukdar and Deepika Kumari had to be content with a silver medal as they lost to Chinese duo of Dai Xiaoxiang and Fang Yuting in the Archery World Cup Stage II in Antalya on Sunday.
In the recurve mixed pair summit clash, the duo went down 133-136 for the silver medal.
The Indian pair trailed from the start collecting only 29 points off four arrows as the Chinese picked up 30 to establish a slender one point lead.
The Indians got 33 to their rivals` 34 in the second end for a total score of 62-64. In the third end too the Indians fell behind (35-36) for a total 97-100.
The three-point lead was enough for the Chinese to clinch gold as in the final end of four arrows both teams scored 36 points for a total of 136-133.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre