Indian athletes train in London for 2012 Olympics
London: Indian national track and field teams are training on a London’s East End running track to gear up for the London Olympics, which is still three years away.
The team has chosen the Newham Leisure Centre as its training base for the 2012 Olympics and other international athletic competitions like the World Athletics Championships in Berlin, which starts on August 15 and the Commonwealth Games that India will host in 2010.
India’s chief coach said that the London climate is one of the reasons why the team is training there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times