Indian athletes train in London for 2012 Olympics
London: Indian national track and field teams are training on a London’s East End running track to gear up for the London Olympics, which is still three years away.
The team has chosen the Newham Leisure Centre as its training base for the 2012 Olympics and other international athletic competitions like the World Athletics Championships in Berlin, which starts on August 15 and the Commonwealth Games that India will host in 2010.
India’s chief coach said that the London climate is one of the reasons why the team is training there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!