Indian athletes train in London for 2012 Olympics
London: Indian national track and field teams are training on a London’s East End running track to gear up for the London Olympics, which is still three years away.
The team has chosen the Newham Leisure Centre as its training base for the 2012 Olympics and other international athletic competitions like the World Athletics Championships in Berlin, which starts on August 15 and the Commonwealth Games that India will host in 2010.
India’s chief coach said that the London climate is one of the reasons why the team is training there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says