Indian Boxing Fed signs million-dollar sponsorship deal
Mumbai: The Indian Boxing Federation has signed a three-year USD one million deal with Monnet Ispat and Energy to sponsor the national teams and take care of their kits.
As per the agreement the various national teams – senior men, juniors and sub juniors along with the senior women, juniors and sub juniors -- would be covered, a media release from IBF`s marketing agent Percept said.
Monnet would also launch `Fight Nights` featuring India`s first-ever indoor exhibition boxing bouts between top Indian and international boxers all around the country at specific intervals, the release said.
The `Fight Night` would be a mix of the entertaining sport of boxing with live entertainment combined with a premium experience for the audience already seen in the US and Europe.
The bouts would be held in malls, multiplexes, discos, clubs, open grounds, college campuses, amusement and theme parks, the release added.
Olympic bronze medallist Vijender Singh, the world number one in 75 kg Category, welcomed the deal and said the country had talented boxers who needed support to take the sport forward.
"We are extremely happy with these recent developments in boxing. We have the talent but boxing in India needs a supporter like the Monnet Group to take it forward," he said.
IBF chief Abhay Singh Chautala said the deal was the ideal boost to Indian boxing into making them world-beaters.
"This is a sign of good work that we have been trying to do, this was just the right boost that we needed to keep working much harder into making our boxers the world beaters that they already are on their way of becoming," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan