Indian Boxing Fed signs million-dollar sponsorship deal
Mumbai: The Indian Boxing Federation has signed a three-year USD one million deal with Monnet Ispat and Energy to sponsor the national teams and take care of their kits.
As per the agreement the various national teams – senior men, juniors and sub juniors along with the senior women, juniors and sub juniors -- would be covered, a media release from IBF`s marketing agent Percept said.
Monnet would also launch `Fight Nights` featuring India`s first-ever indoor exhibition boxing bouts between top Indian and international boxers all around the country at specific intervals, the release said.
The `Fight Night` would be a mix of the entertaining sport of boxing with live entertainment combined with a premium experience for the audience already seen in the US and Europe.
The bouts would be held in malls, multiplexes, discos, clubs, open grounds, college campuses, amusement and theme parks, the release added.
Olympic bronze medallist Vijender Singh, the world number one in 75 kg Category, welcomed the deal and said the country had talented boxers who needed support to take the sport forward.
"We are extremely happy with these recent developments in boxing. We have the talent but boxing in India needs a supporter like the Monnet Group to take it forward," he said.
IBF chief Abhay Singh Chautala said the deal was the ideal boost to Indian boxing into making them world-beaters.
"This is a sign of good work that we have been trying to do, this was just the right boost that we needed to keep working much harder into making our boxers the world beaters that they already are on their way of becoming," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm