Indian Boxing Fed signs million-dollar sponsorship deal
Mumbai: The Indian Boxing Federation has signed a three-year USD one million deal with Monnet Ispat and Energy to sponsor the national teams and take care of their kits.
As per the agreement the various national teams – senior men, juniors and sub juniors along with the senior women, juniors and sub juniors -- would be covered, a media release from IBF`s marketing agent Percept said.
Monnet would also launch `Fight Nights` featuring India`s first-ever indoor exhibition boxing bouts between top Indian and international boxers all around the country at specific intervals, the release said.
The `Fight Night` would be a mix of the entertaining sport of boxing with live entertainment combined with a premium experience for the audience already seen in the US and Europe.
The bouts would be held in malls, multiplexes, discos, clubs, open grounds, college campuses, amusement and theme parks, the release added.
Olympic bronze medallist Vijender Singh, the world number one in 75 kg Category, welcomed the deal and said the country had talented boxers who needed support to take the sport forward.
"We are extremely happy with these recent developments in boxing. We have the talent but boxing in India needs a supporter like the Monnet Group to take it forward," he said.
IBF chief Abhay Singh Chautala said the deal was the ideal boost to Indian boxing into making them world-beaters.
"This is a sign of good work that we have been trying to do, this was just the right boost that we needed to keep working much harder into making our boxers the world beaters that they already are on their way of becoming," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena