Indian captain Dhoni’s Rs 645 cheque bounces
New Delhi: Indian captain MS Dhoni may be one of the richest sportspersons in the country but it seems he does not have even Rs 645 in his bank account.
Dhoni, who is one of the highest tax payers of Jharkhand, found himself in trouble after his cheque of Rs 645 in favour of the Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) as holding tax was returned by the bank.
The money was to be paid for Dhoni`s house number 141 at Kunwar Singh Colony under Doranda circle of the RMC on Airport Road. The tax has to be deposited annually to the civic body as holding tax of the property.
"Dhoni had issued a cheque (number 550703) of the State Bank of India, Doranda branch, from his savings account 01190108959 amounting to Rs 645 on March 15," RN Jha, the tax collector of Wad 52, told a newspaper when inquired about the incident.
The cheque, which was deposited by the RMC on March 16, was duly signed by Dhoni. It was, however, rejected by the SBI, Doranda branch, citing ‘insufficient funds’.
Under Section 35 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, an FIR can be lodged against a depositor if his/her cheque bounces but the state government is not keen on taking legal action against the Indian captain as, they believe, it is nothing more than a human error. The tax officials said that it is for the first time Dhoni’s cheque has bounced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune