Indian challenge ends in ITF women`s tournament
New Delhi: The Indian challenge in the USD 10,000 women`s International Tennis Federation (ITF) tournament got over Friday with the defeat of Isha Lakhani and Sanaa Bhambri in the semi-finals.
On a hot and humid day at DLTA complex here, third-seeded Isha went down 3-6, 4-6 to top-seed Emily Webley-Smith of Britain while Sanaa, seeded fifth, lost to seventh-seeded Uzbek Alexandra Kolesnichenko, 3-6, 2-6.
Webley-Smith will meet her doubles partner Kolesnichenko for the title clash Saturday.
Meanwhile, Webley-Smith and Kolesnichenko beat Indian-Slovak pair of Ashmitha Easwaramurthi and Dalila Jakupovic 6-2, 6-4 to clinch the doubles title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa