Indian challenge ends in ITF women`s tournament
New Delhi: The Indian challenge in the USD 10,000 women`s International Tennis Federation (ITF) tournament got over Friday with the defeat of Isha Lakhani and Sanaa Bhambri in the semi-finals.
On a hot and humid day at DLTA complex here, third-seeded Isha went down 3-6, 4-6 to top-seed Emily Webley-Smith of Britain while Sanaa, seeded fifth, lost to seventh-seeded Uzbek Alexandra Kolesnichenko, 3-6, 2-6.
Webley-Smith will meet her doubles partner Kolesnichenko for the title clash Saturday.
Meanwhile, Webley-Smith and Kolesnichenko beat Indian-Slovak pair of Ashmitha Easwaramurthi and Dalila Jakupovic 6-2, 6-4 to clinch the doubles title.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?