Indian CIOs appear more progressive: IBM CIO study
Bangalore: Indian Chief Information Officers
appear to be more progressive compared to their global
counterparts, according to an IBM CIO study unveiled today.
India Point of View (PoV) of this global study of more
than 2,500 CIOs including from India, reveals that Indian CIOs
are looking to `make innovation real` and `expand business
impact` for their respective organisations.
In this study, a face-to-face survey done with CIOs across 78 countries and 19
industries, 100 Indian CIOs from organisations of all size
were interviewed, an IBM statement said.
The PoV finds that across majority of survey questions,
responses of Indian CIOs appeared to indicate that they are
more progressive and visionary as compared to their global
counterparts, it said.
Some of the key findings of the India PoV of the CIO
study 2009 are: 70 per cent of Indian CIOs are integrating
business and technology to promote innovation for the entire
organisation as compared to 47 per cent of global CIOs; and
64 per cent Indian CIOs proactively push IT as an
innovation element compared to 55 per cent of global CIOs.
One key area where global CIOs rank ahead of Indian
CIOs is around proactively crafting data into actionable
information. However, this is also an area which both global
and Indian CIOs have ranked as number one for their visionary
plans for future. Forty-five per cent global CIOs saw budgets
as their top-most challenge as against only 28 per cent of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'