Indian Cricket team`s Toronto tour to be reviewed
Indian cricket team`s tour to Toronto against Pakistan in the Sahara Cup hangs in balance with the Sports Minister S S Dhindsa saying clearance would be given only after assessing the necessity of such a trip in the wake of recent killings in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have to review the situation keeping in mind the recent killings in Jammu and Kashmir by militants and see whether such a tour would be in the national interest," Dhindsa told PTI from Jalandhar. "When the file regarding the Indian Cricket team`s visit to Toronto comes to me, I will have to see whether it would be in the national interest that India plays against Pakistan at this juncture," he said.
India is to play a five-match annual series against Pakistan in the Canadian city of Toronto in September. The series was rescheduled last year when India, on ace all rounder Kapil Dev`s call, refused to play against Pakistan in view of the Kargil war and both countries played three matches each against the West Indies.
Asked about the Code of Conduct for the players in the wake of match-fixing scandal, the minister said BCCI would have its Executive Committee meeting on August 19 to incorporate changes discussed earlier.
"They (BCCI) are making it an omnibus Code applicable to players, coach and officials. It will be finalised in the Executive Committee meeting on August 19," he said. Dhindsa said "BCCI would submit a copy of the Code of Conduct to me most probably on August 20 or 21".
Report : Zeenext Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Defamation case: 'Supreme Court will decide grounds of Rahul Gandhi's U-turn'
- In rural India, less to eat than 40 years ago
- Watch: Astronaut Scott Kelly congratulates Expedition 48 Commander Jeff Williams on breaking record
- Terrific knock! Pakistani batsman Sharjeel Khan scores 3rd fastest 150 in ODI history – WATCH
- ICSI Professional Programme Examination Result June 2016 declared; check icsi.edu, Company Secretaries (CS) Examination Results