Indian Cricket team`s Toronto tour to be reviewed
Indian cricket team`s tour to Toronto against Pakistan in the Sahara Cup hangs in balance with the Sports Minister S S Dhindsa saying clearance would be given only after assessing the necessity of such a trip in the wake of recent killings in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have to review the situation keeping in mind the recent killings in Jammu and Kashmir by militants and see whether such a tour would be in the national interest," Dhindsa told PTI from Jalandhar. "When the file regarding the Indian Cricket team`s visit to Toronto comes to me, I will have to see whether it would be in the national interest that India plays against Pakistan at this juncture," he said.
India is to play a five-match annual series against Pakistan in the Canadian city of Toronto in September. The series was rescheduled last year when India, on ace all rounder Kapil Dev`s call, refused to play against Pakistan in view of the Kargil war and both countries played three matches each against the West Indies.
Asked about the Code of Conduct for the players in the wake of match-fixing scandal, the minister said BCCI would have its Executive Committee meeting on August 19 to incorporate changes discussed earlier.
"They (BCCI) are making it an omnibus Code applicable to players, coach and officials. It will be finalised in the Executive Committee meeting on August 19," he said. Dhindsa said "BCCI would submit a copy of the Code of Conduct to me most probably on August 20 or 21".
Report : Zeenext Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow