Indian employee confidence among highest in the world
New Delhi: The Indian employees, along with their peers in Brazil and China, portray highest levels of confidence in the future of their companies, a study says.
As per global HR solutions provider Kenexa, the global employee confidence index score saw a slight improvement to 98 in the fourth quarter ended December 2009 from 97.9 in the third quarter.
"Brazil (107.5), China (105.6) and India (101.3) reported the highest levels of employee confidence in the fourth quarter of last year," the report revealed.
On the other hand, France (94.9), Japan (94.0) and Spain (92.4) reported the lowest confidence levels. The US employee confidence declined 0.6 per cent to 97.1 in Q4 compared to the previous quarter.
In the September quarter of 2009, Indian employee confidence index was 100.2 points, China`s 102.8 and Brazil`s 105.3.
"Employee confidence fluctuated throughout 2009, with the majority of countries reporting both increases and decreases.
India and China were the only two that had an increase in scores, quarter over quarter," Kenexa Research Institute research consultant Anne Herman said while releasing the report.
A high level of employee confidence is achieved when they perceive their firms are being effectively managed and competitively positioned, and believe that they have a promising future in the organisation, job security and skills that are attractive compared to other employers.
"We enter 2010 on a positive note. Our studies have linked employee confidence to higher country-level GDP and stronger organisation performance, among other metrics.
Therefore, this indicates that as employee confidence rises, GDP and organisation`s performance should both improve, indicating that we appear to be in a state of resurgence," Herman added.
The 12 largest economies reported an increase in employee confidence index scores in 2009, with the exception of Japan, which reported a slight decrease for the year. Moreover, the countries which reported the most scores throughout the year were China (15.8 point increase), Italy (8.1) and Brazil(7.1),the Kenexa report revealed.
The Kenexa Employee Confidence Index is measured quarterly taking opinions from employees in Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Russia, Spain, Britain and the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof